Animal Rights Group Project

Since we finished our group projects I wanted to mention a bit from the project my group did and the importance of animal rights especially with livestock. Most of the time animal rights are more towards exotic animals, endangered animals, etc. Sometimes there isn't much talk about what really happens at these farming factories. 

Chickens are kept in confined spaces with lights on most or all of the days to confuse them of what time of the day it is. This can cause the animals to because agitated and have uncomfortable because of the lack of sleep. On top of that they have thousands of chickens in a small caged area that is way to small for the amount in there. This also causes health problems and if very unhygienic for the animals as well. 

Pigs are kept in small cages and are also in windowless buildings with little to no ventilation. They are compacted with several other pigs which can cause irritation and violence between the animals. This can be harmful for the animals physically and mentally. 

Lastly I want to mention cattle. They are also kept in confined stalls with no windows as well. These animals though can also be house in pastures. This situation gives them no shelter and can lead to health problems as well. One thing that can happen is if there is not enough dry area they can get foot rot. This is a bacterial infection in the toes of a hoof. 

These are only small examples to the cruelty they live through and I hope this gave you some 
perspective if not knowledge of this situation and the severity of it. 



Comments

  1. I feel like with the whole animal rights situation we tend to not worry about what is happening to the animals that are around us. They will be treated any kind of way and it is just sad because we need these animals to survive and we take these animals for granted. They are treated like they are nothing and it isn't fair because they would love to live as long as they can and we end their lives so quickly to feed ourselves so we can survive. When there are plenty of different ways we still can survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be vegan, so I know a lot on the topic. It's horrifying the way industries treat these animals, as of they're not living, breathing, beings. Ever since I watched this one documentary and it mentioned that all animals have a heart to beat, eyes to see, and a brain to feel just as we do, I've been one to support animal rights. The thing is, society doesn't want to accept that we do horrible things, instead they turn their head in ignorance. I get that we need food and people won't stop eating meat (I eat meat myself), but we wouldn't treat our pets like that and we shouldn't treat other animals that way either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading things like this makes me incredibly sad and sick to my stomach. I've always grown up loving animals because I've always have had pets in my house. I know that we need these animals to survive because I surly know that it would be hard for me to go without meat, but I feel that there is more better ways to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always tried to get myself to be a vegetarian or a vegan but I don't have that much self control on that kind of stuff but I have a lot of friends who can do that which I fully support. I feel like there definitely needs to be more awareness about this kind of stuff. I remember when the stuff about Fair Oaks Farm came out I was so upset because I used to go there on my way home after vacation. But I think its important to not support businesses like this until they start doing things more ethically.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly i think it sucks how a lot of animals are treated before they're killed and cooked. Yet i also know that this has been a thing since before our parents were born. I think as long as we're not killing them and causing the animal to become extinct their treatment is unfortunate but needed so people can eat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment