Due to the Corona Virus, nationwide universities, stores, restaurants, and many more have been closing down. This world wide pandemic has caused people to go into extreme alert, whereas toilet paper and food is at limited supply to society. Many restaurants have been closing, leaving us with even more of a limited resource of food. Schools, including ours, have transferred to online for the rest of the semester and students are no longer allowed to stay on campus.

With everything going on, I've found myself hard to transition because it was very unexpected. I feel as if one week we were living our lives as normal college students and now we're becoming closed off people, living in a dystopian society. One thing that I'm struggling heavy with is that we're now taking all of our classes online. I believe it's more difficult to understand and process learning material over a computer, compared to hands on lecture. With online classes I'm afraid that not being in a learning community will cause me to get distracted and forget that I have assignments due. Another thing I'm afraid of is with stores being closed and shelves not being stocked, my family and I won't have the food we need if we were to go into quarantine. I like food, and if I'm not fed I will go crazy. Do you guy's have any concerns with COVID-19 and it's affects?

Comments

  1. I found the transition very hard also. But converting to online classes kind of made me happy. In my opinion online classes are kind of easy. Online classes give you a break from in person classes which I like. I find it very hard to wake up in the morning. So with online classes I can sleep in and still get my studies in throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely share your concerns with COVID-19 and everything that has been going on. I am an extreme procrastinator and that does not mix well with online classes. I know I am going to have trouble keeping up with all of my classes. I also don't like the idea of learning calculus online. I am already having a hard enough time as it is, having to learn these concepts through videos is going to be a challenge. Besides that I am enjoy being back home in Michigan with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of issues you are having with the COVID-19 are also issues I'm having myself. Me being someone who already pushes things off to the last minute is definitely having trouble transitioning to online classes. I think online classes makes it difficult not only for me but everyone else. I hope we never have to endure something like this ever again because I don't want to have all this stress towards school in the future. The only pro I have towards all this is that it is nice to be home with my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment